| Denomination of the Church |
Church of England |
| The Church Website |
www.mjclaridge.co.uk/standrewshome.html |
| Number of transcriptions |
9015 |
| First year for a transcription |
1879 |
| Last year for a transcription |
1937 |
| Last date a transcription added |
01 Sep 2025 |
| Last date church information changed |
22 Jul 2026 |
| Notes about the Church |
St Andrew's church was first opened in December 1867 as a Sunday mission room in a building that was originally a school in Old Meeting Street. The building, adapted by interior alterations, was a cruciform structure of brick, consisting of a chancel, nave, transepts, south porch, and a turret containing one bell.
A replacement church in Dudley Street was opened in 1924, although it was not completed and dedicated until the 21st of January, 1940. |
| Location of Source Documents |
|